Since few years, Rapidshare.de and Rapidshare.com, have come to be the most popular websites for file hosting. And moreover, its the most-popular amongst ‘warez’ uploaders. I myself, am not really happy with the rapidshare servers.
- I don’t get the speeds that people claim to get. (Is it because I’m a free downloader? What if its the same even after I pay for it?!)
- Their mirrors are not categorized by location; they give some silly names to their mirrors and expect us to choose among them!
- If the file is too big, you need to download it in parts; and since I’m a free downloader I have to wait for half-an-hour between my downloads?! (That’s insane!)
- Every time, I need to wait in front of a message which reads: “Download ticket reserved, wait for xx.x minutes!” They actually annoy people in order to woo them to pay!
If you are annoyed and still use Rapidshare for uploading your files, do take a look at the following alternatives. They are free; and most of them are better than Rapidshare.
- Snapdrive.net – 2Gb free space to upload files and 500Mb maximum file size; paid upgrades available. Only restricted file types allowed.
- Filewind.com – 500Mb maximum file size. No sign-up, and unlimited bandwidth. All file types allowed!
- Filexoom.com – 2Gb free space and 500Mb maximum file size. All file types allowed.
- Mihd.net– Maximum upload size 200Mb. Download accelerators allowed. No waiting for download! Resumable downloads! No bandwidth limit. [A real good Rapidshare alternative!]
- ShareLoad.nl – 100Mb maximum file size. No waiting time. All file types (except scripts) allowed. *Dutch Language [Thanks to Keuzeserver]
- MediaFire.com – 100Mb maximum file size. All file types allowed. Download Accelerators allowed. Files will not be deleted; if necessary, you will be notified before deletion. [A real good Rapidshare alternative!]
- ADrive – 50GB upload space. 2GB File size limit. All types of files allowed. Download accelerators NOT allowed. [The BEST right now!] [Thanks to Rich for suggesting.]
I’ll add more such file hosts, as I get to review them.