Since few years, Rapidshare.de and Rapidshare.com, have come to be the most popular websites for file hosting. And moreover, its the most-popular amongst ‘warez’ uploaders. I myself, am not really happy with the rapidshare servers.
- I don’t get the speeds that people claim to get. (Is it because I’m a free downloader? What if its the same even after I pay for it?!)
- Their mirrors are not categorized by location; they give some silly names to their mirrors and expect us to choose among them!
- If the file is too big, you need to download it in parts; and since I’m a free downloader I have to wait for half-an-hour between my downloads?! (That’s insane!)
- Every time, I need to wait in front of a message which reads: “Download ticket reserved, wait for xx.x minutes!” They actually annoy people in order to woo them to pay!
If you are annoyed and still use Rapidshare for uploading your files, do take a look at the following alternatives. They are free; and most of them are better than Rapidshare.
- Snapdrive.net – 2Gb free space to upload files and 500Mb maximum file size; paid upgrades available. Only restricted file types allowed.
- Filewind.com – 500Mb maximum file size. No sign-up, and unlimited bandwidth. All file types allowed!
- Filexoom.com – 2Gb free space and 500Mb maximum file size. All file types allowed.
- Mihd.net– Maximum upload size 200Mb. Download accelerators allowed. No waiting for download! Resumable downloads! No bandwidth limit. [A real good Rapidshare alternative!]
- ShareLoad.nl – 100Mb maximum file size. No waiting time. All file types (except scripts) allowed. *Dutch Language [Thanks to Keuzeserver]
- MediaFire.com – 100Mb maximum file size. All file types allowed. Download Accelerators allowed. Files will not be deleted; if necessary, you will be notified before deletion. [A real good Rapidshare alternative!]
- ADrive – 50GB upload space. 2GB File size limit. All types of files allowed. Download accelerators NOT allowed. [The BEST right now!] [Thanks to Rich for suggesting.]
I’ll add more such file hosts, as I get to review them.
25 responses to “Why Rapidshare?”
rapidshare really suck 😦 but all the dumasses use it -__-
Agreed! 🙂 There are actually too many warez uploaded at Rapidshare also.
Dude… its just BSNL…. i am using premium and am pretty satisfied..
Well, the speeds for the normal downloads (free downloads; not premium accounts) are low. Very rarely does it reach any good speeds, though a good part of my working bandwidth is not being used.
http://www.shareload.nl/ is a good one too.
Maximal 100mb upload size tho.
Thanks Keuzeserver. I’ll add that to the list! 🙂
i’ve d/l files from many file host. for me part by part download is good for me because i’m afraid downloading will fail for a large file (fail after 6 hours download from Gigasize). For rapidshare, i just reboot the modem n continue download. I don’t know why people choose rapidshare. Deep inside me, i love to use filesend or mediafire because i can use multiple connection to download from them. Usually 4 connection with IDM.
My friend use to upload files to rapidshare. When ppl d/l their files, they’ll get point. af certain level, it can be convert to Premium Account and they sell it. Files host by premium account wont expired unless complaint received or account expired.
Naa.. I love free stuff 🙂 Nice post u got there bro.
You are right. Rapidshare does not allow more than one link from an IP address. Yeah, I did the restarting modem thingy many times and got bored of it.
I guess, that’s why people use Rapidshare. Make a premium account, sell, make money.
Anyways, glad you liked the post. Thanks for dropping by.
And thanks for the mediafire.com suggestion. I’ve added that to the list.
Well even i agree, RAPIDSHARE SUCKS!!
A very very good alternative is Adrive. 50GB for free.
Adrive seems to be very good. I’ve added them to the list. Thanks for the suggestion Rich. 🙂
Rapidshare is GOD. i can rip off any content from rapidshare.
with premium it just adds lotsa spice to it.
LONG LIVE RS
http://www.fileupload.de is nice, 100mb max but download speeds are ok most of the time and file will be stored for a year!
Since the changes to their system Rapidshare speeds for free users are really low and it’s no fun at all to download files from there.
Rapidshit suck, Dead to those rapidlammers!!
I suggest zshare or filedropper, whatever just dont rs, fuck all of you uploader hope someday you get killed 🙂
The popularity of RS is what making it become lamer and lamer. 😛
Dude……eeven i have been wondering why these shitfaces upload on rapidshare………
another alternative is the easyshare(http://www.easy-share.com/)
Rapidshare is pretty fast elsewhere in the world I believe. Even so for paid members. (Well, that’s what my friend said)
So, you cannot really blame people for uploading it to RS since its working fine for them.
Yeah… free RS sucks, but the paid service is pretty decent.
At least in terms of download speed, the paid one is way faster.
I just paid for a premium rapidshare account and found NO DIFFERENCE in download speed compared to a free account.
broadband Internet Download manager
I get max (but steady) 65Kbs
Any Idea what I am doing wrong
There is nothing else you could possibly do. I think the mirrors that you are choosing are not closer to you. I’m not a big fan of rapidshare, but I sometimes get better speeds than yours on the free downloads. I suggest you contact rapidshare with your problem.
well free rapidshare sucks but premium rapidshare account ROCKS! it’ll will really satisfy your needs and might have a peace of mind later. 😉
I still don’t understand why every f***ing download website uses f***ing rapidshare to download files! why not filefront? its much faster and you dont have to wait and you can download unlimited…!
Try adding Skydrive from Microsoft. It provides a massive 25GB and comes with a Microsoft Tag
I Use 4Shared Its The Best
RapidShare servers hardly work most of the time, even with a paid account, and almost always fail on the first few attempts of any download, which probably means heavier free traffic still slows or stops a paid account. Can only get one download at a time, as well. The only real difference is that you can resume a download with such as DownThemAll!, so can get bigger files. Compared to most other file server rubbish, it’s still more viable than many of which rarely work at all.